By Rajpal Kaur
Psychology is not the first profession one thinks of when looking for environmental activists. In fact, much of this is a primer in what a psychologist who specialises in self-determination, calls "the five characteristics of sustainable lifestyle"- conservation, recycling, renewable resource use, restoration and population control. While he does make a good point that the excessive consumption is accompanied by a large degree of self-imposed blindness, much of the rest will be familiar to readers versed in environmental issues. Experimental psychologists have typically focused on -understanding the mechanisms of behaviour, leaving analysis of meaning and value to clinicians and to introspection. A combination of ecological and experimental methods can help us better understand the meaningful aspects of everyday life.
1. Ecological Psychology: Historical Overview and Application
2. Evolutionary Psychology
3. Regulation Versus Construction
4. Ecological Interventions with Students
5. Evolutionary Ecology of Neural Regulation
6. Developing an Ecological Mind-Set in School
7. Application of Applied Ecological Psychology in Schools
8. Understanding Memory Access
9. Retrospections on the Study of Memory and Cognition
10. Metaphor and Context in the Ecological Psychology
11. Modularity and the Effects of Experience
12. Syntactic Modularity in Sentence Comprehension
13. Global Context Effects in Sentence Processing
14. Eventful Approach for Studying Ecological Retardation
15. Direct Perception and Other Forms of Ecological Psychology
16. Human Environment: Meaning, Causes and Effects
17. Effort After Value and Meaning
About the Author: Rajpal Kaur, M.A., M.Ed., is at present Principal Shri Guru Harkishan Sahib college for Women, Ludhiana Dist., Punjab. Mrs. Rajpal Kaur is an educationist by professor with interest in psychological studies. She has over ten years of teaching experience in various educational institutions. She has been to Pakistan for SAMF-2004 and is active in various cultural and educational programmes.
Author: Rajpal Kaur
ISBN : 817629733X
Price : Rs.600/-
Be the first to write a review of this product!