Icons brings you the stories of the men and women who have changed the face of India as we know it. By their achievements in their chosen fields, they have provided us with inspiration and encouragement. Each of the stories is a revelation of how talent, determination and individual aspiration can make heroes.
Icons from the World of Sports contains the stories of the brightest stars of Indian sports who are still playing today:
* Sachin Tendulkar, one of the greatest batsmen in the world
* Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi, the duo who took Indian tennis to new heights
* Dhanraj Pillay, who gave hockey a new appeal
* Pullela Gopichand, who overcame grave physical odds to become India’s badminton champion
* Anjali Vedpathak Bhagwat, the shooter who has never failed to hit the bull’s eye
* Jeev Milkha Singh, India’s best golfer yet
* Bhaichung Bhutia, a pioneer in Indian football
* Karnam Malleshwari, the country’s lone Olympic medalist in many years
* Narain Karthikeyan, the fastest Indian behind the wheels
* Viswanathan Anand, one of the world’s greatest chess players
Filled with details of the greatest exploits of these players, starting from their childhood to the present, this book by best-selling sports writer Gulu Ezekiel is a must-read for all sports buffs.
|Packing Weight||0.25 kg|
|Book Format||Paperback Book|
Icons From The World Of Sports reviews
Be the first to write a review of this product!